If you’re like most Americans, you miss traveling and are eager to return to travel as soon as it is safe and acceptable to do so. At the same time, how to feel safe and stay healthy away from home is a topic that can feel like it has more questions than answers.
That’s exactly why Visit Walla Walla — with support from the Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance and Walla Walla Valley Chamber of Commerce — has unveiled the Peace of Mind Pledge. We are encouraging local businesses to voluntarily adopt the Pledge as a demonstration of their commitment to the health and well-being of visitors and residents alike.
Your health and safety are priorities to you, and they are priorities to us. Among the standards that participating businesses pledge to uphold include:
- • Prioritize visitor health and safety, even if doing so comes at an additional cost to their business.
- • Develop and implement health and safety policies, procedures, and protocols specific to their business, and to implement and enforce them to safeguard visitors, the business and their employees, as well as the community at large.
- • Follow, meet, and exceed — where possible or appropriate — the guidelines issued by local, state, or federal government.
- • Adopt industry best practices such as those recommended by the CDC, American Hotel & Lodging Association, the National Restaurant Association, the Food & Drug Administration, and others.
- • Implement and enforce social and physical distancing policies, minimize person-to-person contact, and increase transparency throughout the visitor journey.
It’s one more way Visit Walla Walla and our tourism partners can provide you with the Peace of Mind you need to visit safely and confidently once non-essential travel is permissible and you are ready to do so.
We look forward to seeing you in Walla Walla soon.