Our Pledge to you – Peace of mind
In May of 2020, Visit Walla Walla made headlines as one of the first tourism entities in the country to implement a destination-wide visitor health and safety initiative – the Peace of Mind Pledge. The goal of the pledge was, and is, simple – to make travelers feel safe and to help them stay healthy away from home.
Developed with the support of Walla Walla Valley Wine and Walla Walla Valley Chamber of Commerce, the PoMP is comprised of a large number of like-minded local businesses who have voluntarily adopted the Pledge as a demonstration of their commitment to the health and well-being of visitors and residents alike.
Your health and safety are priorities to you, and they are priorities to us. Among the standards that participating businesses pledge to uphold include:
- Prioritize visitor health and safety, even if doing so comes at an additional cost to their business.
- Develop and implement health and safety policies, procedures, and protocols specific to their business, and to implement and enforce them to safeguard visitors, the business and their employees, as well as the community at large.
- Follow, meet, and exceed where possible or appropriate the guidelines issued by local, state, or federal government including but not limited to social distancing, masking, and monitoring.
- Adopt industry best practices such as those recommended by the CDC, American Hotel & Lodging Association, the National Restaurant Association, the Food & Drug Administration, and others.
- Implement and enforce social and physical distancing policies, minimize person-to-person contact, and increase transparency throughout the visitor journey.
It’s one more way Visit Walla Walla and our tourism partners can provide you with the Peace of Mind you need to travel safely and confidently, and to enjoy your time in Walla Walla as fully as possible.
We look forward to seeing you in Walla Walla soon.