February is for Foodies
Visit Walla Walla, with sponsorship support from Seattle DINING!, is proud to present Walla Walla’s annual February is for Foodies (#F4F2018). As if there weren’t already enough reasons to visit Walla Walla at any time of year, food and wine lovers have additional motivation to visit this February during the valley’s annual month long celebration. Now in its sixth year, February is for Foodies features prix-fixe menus at top local restaurants, food, wine, and chocolate pairings, special lodging discounts, and more.
Looking for more ideas on what do in Walla Walla during the winter?
Click here to learn more about the great family-friendly winter activities and events in Walla Walla.
Check back often to stay up to date on what is happening in Walla Walla during February is for Foodies!
Best Western Plus Inn & Suites – Call and refer to February is for Foodies or F4F to receive our promotional rate of $79/night for a Single Queen room with refrigerator and microwave. We also will have Two Queen Beds and King Beds rooms at $89/night before tax! While staying at our hotel you also receive complimentary full breakfast, fresh baked cookies, and exceptional service every guest every time.
Courtyard by Marriott – Enjoy a 15% discount when you mention February is for Foodies when booking your room. You can also mention February is for Foodies in our Bistro and receive a free appetizer!
Hampton Inn & Suites – Enjoy a 15% discount when you mention February is for Foodies when booking your room.
The Marcus Whitman Hotel – Say “I love you” with a sweetheart’s package from the Marcus Whitman Hotel! Pricing for one night’s stay, champagne & chocolate covered strawberries, plus dinner for two at the Marc Restaurant starts at just $209/night (plus tax & gratuity). For more information or reservations call (509) 525-2200. Offer valid entire month of February. Advance reservation required.
Andrae’s Kitchen – 6th Annual Fat Tuesday, Feb. 13. Join in the annual celebration of the great food of NOLA! All scratch made #inagasstation The full menu will be available all day, while supplies last. Crayfish Etouffee, Gumbo, Shrimp and Grits, Fried Oyster Po Boys, Shrimp Po Boys, Red Beans and Rice, Jambalaya, Grilled Andouille Sausage, Beignets All Day, and more!
Brasserie Four – Février, le mois des gourmets. Enjoy 15% off when you order an appetizer, entree, and dessert.
Maple Counter Cafe – Enjoy a month-long special: 2 white chocolate raspberry pancakes, 2 pieces of bacon or sausage and a small juice and coffee at a discounted rate.
The Marc Restaurant – Chef’s Table Special. Experience the pleasure of a freshly prepared meal, in the heart of the Marc Restaurant’s kitchen at a special discounted price. To celebrate the Marcus Whitman Hotel’s 90th anniversary, enjoy the 5-course Chef’s Table for just $90/person. Executive Chef, Grant Hinderliter and Chief Sommelier, Dan McCaffrey have combined forces to create a multi-course food & wine celebration, around the hotel’s ultra-exclusive chef’s table. Seating is limited to 10 guests–with larger table settings available elsewhere in the hotel.
Olive Marketplace and Cafe – Enjoy Spaghetti & Meatball Night! Every Sunday, bring the family for pasta and board games. $16 Spaghetti with Meatballs, 5pm-close.
Passatempo Taverna – Mention February is for Foodies (F4F) and receive 5% off any Appertivo menu item during Appertivo hours (3pm-5pm). Enjoy weekly dinner specials throughout the month of February.
The Q Wood-Fired Grill – Pop-up Dinner @ Forgeron Cellars, Feb. 17. Join us for an evening inspired by Marie-Eve’s gorgeous wines! Barbera and Primitivo inspired an Italian slant along with Forgeron’s lovely New World/French varietals gave us a gorgeous palate to work with. $50/person.
TMACS – We are offering a special 3 course dinner & pairing by our new staff sommerlier for $60. Potato Latke paired with Champagne Lallier Grand Cru, Roasted Beet Salad paired with 2016 L’ecole Chardonnay, and Short Ribs paired with Kerloo GSM.
The Saint & The Sinner – Explore both your righteous and wicked side with a 3-course prix-fixe menu for $30. Offered 7 days a week, 5pm-close.
Sipid Bites – Chinese New Year Feast, Feb. 16. The lunar new year falls on Feb. 16, so we’re celebrating that week! This is going to be a BIG dinner! Gate opens at 6:15pm. Dinner at 6:30pm. 6 courses, mostly family style BYOB.
Soi 71: A Thai Noodle House – Phobruary is for Foodies. All month long, 15% of pho sales will be donated to Blue Mountain Heart to Heart. Choose either our rich beef marrow broth or a hearty vegan pho option.
Sweet Basil Pizzeria – Stop by everyday in February to take advantage of our month-long special. You can enjoy any 18” pizza, breadsticks and 2 salads for $30. You can also enjoy a different Browne Family Vineyards red and white wine featured everyday for just $5/glass.
Vineyard Lounge – A special 3-Course menu for the lounge, and $10 off February Chef’s Table reservations.
- February gives a great chance to say “thank you” and welcome you into the warmth of our restaurant to enjoy a three-course meal for just $38. This year we’re also including $10 off our corkage fee if you’d like to bring a bottle from your cellar.
- Valentine Dinner, Feb. 13. Enjoy a romantic, candlelit dinner and world-class meal at Whitehouse-Crawford Restaurant amid the elegant musical backdrop of the Walla Walla Valley Academy Orchestra. Tickets: $85. Please RSVP by calling Walla Walla Valley Academy at 509-525-1050 by Feb. 7. Proceeds benefit the Walla Walla Valley Academy Orchestra.
- Cheap Date Night, (who you callin’ cheap?). Every Thursday of the month we will feature a different 3 course offering for $15 a person. Beverages ala carte.
- Mardi Gras Celebration (Fat Tuesday), Feb. 13. Chef Bryant will be hosting an Oyster Raw Bar with Fun bubbly offerings by the glass. We will have fresh Oysters Rockefeller available as well. Mardi Gras Gumbo Trio, Featuring The Blonde (Seafood Gumbo), The Redhead (Our classic Creole Gumbo with Chicken and Andouille Sausage) and The Redhead (Papa Jelenkeaux’s Cajun style), Boeuf Bourguignon with Housedmade Ricotta Gnocchi. Festive Mardi Gras accoutrement will be provided. Reservations are encouraged.
- Valentine’s Day, Feb. 14. Both locations will be open with Romantic Valentines Day Specials and the full Regular menu available Reservations are ENCOURAGED!
- Our Tour of Tropical Island Cuisine, Feb. 20-24. Get your sunshine fix with lunch and dinner specials all week long. Jamaican Pepperpot, Cuban Sandwich, Jerk Ribs and a variety of Appetizers through dessert. All regular menu will be available.
Barons Winery – Vertical Tasting Weekend, Feb. 2-4. We are excited to offer seated vertical tastings of our 90’s+ rated Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignons every weekend in February. Each tasting will include 2 oz. pours of our ‘11, ‘12, & ‘13 vintages, while enjoying this tasting you will get a sense for the influence of yearly climate on the wine. Cost is $15/person (non-refundable) and you will receive special discounts on the Columbia Valley Cab in the tasting room the whole month of February!
- Champagne Wishes & Caviar Dreams, Feb. 9-10. We are bringing a little bit of decadence to Walla Walla! Join us in the tasting room for a limited-edition caviar and sparkling wine tasting! Five delectable flavors of caviar paired with our favorite bubblies.
- Valentine’s Day, Feb. 14. Satisfy your sweet tooth and join us in the tasting room for hand-selected wines paired with cupcakes from local bakery Frosted! Bring your sweetheart or your best friend. Tickets include three wines paired with 3 minature cupcakes. Questions? Contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 522-1261.
Canoe Ridge Vineyard – Valentine Pairings, Feb. 14. Treat your loved ones and elevate your tasting experience with a line-up of exclusive wines paired with small bites. Featuring Canoe Ridge Vineyard’s exclusive Washington State wines perfectly paired with a selection of aged cheese from Monteillet Fromagerie and handcrafted chocolates from Bright’s Candies in our historic downtown. Questions? Contact the tasting room at email@example.com or (509) 525-1843.
- Valentine’s Day Celebration, Feb. 10-11. We’re celebrating with two of our favorite things: chocolate and wine! We will have a delicious chocolate fondue available for all of our guests that we bet you won’t be able to resist enjoying with your wine tasting! As a special treat, wine club members who visit us this weekend will enjoy chocolates from around the world which have been expertly paired with our wines!
- Wine & Chocolate Pairing Class, Feb. 23. Join us in the Walla Walla Valley tasting room for a night of wine and chocolate pairing as Master Chocolatiers Alex and Steve from Alexander’s Chocolaterie teach us the intricacies and science of chocolate that make it so much more than just a sweet treat to enjoy with wine. (This is a Ticketed Event and will sell out quickly. More information coming soon.)
Dunham Cellars – 2013 Columbia Valley Syrah Case Special. $300/case (regular retail $420).Wine Club Member pricing applies. We are also releasing Rosé for Valentine’s Day available in the Tasting Room, February 9th.
Eternal Wines & Drink Washington State – Mention February is for Foodies and receive 10% off your bottle purchases. Complimentary snacks will be provided all month long.
Forgeron Cellars – Pop-up Dinner with the Q Wood-fired Grill, Feb. 17. Join us for an evening inspired by Marie-Eve’s gorgeous wines! Barbera and Primitivo inspired an Italian slant along with Forgeron’s lovely New World/French varietals gave us a gorgeous palate to work with. $50/person.
Gård Vintners – FebRosé. We will be offering sorts of specials around our current two Rosés during the month of Feb. Discounted glass pours on the 2016 Grand Klasse Reserve Rosé – only $5 a glass, $2 off the regular price. On Friday & Saturday’s we will be offering a complimentary comparison tasting between our 2015 Winemakers’s Select Rosé and the 2016 Grand Klasse Reserve Rosé. We will be offering an additional 10% case discount of the purchase of the 2016 Grand Klasse Reserve Rosé throughout the month making the case 20% off. We will also be offering a 30% discount on a bundle of (3) 2016 GK Reserve Rosé. (reg. $66 now $46.20) or a bundle of (2) 2016 GK Reserve Rosé and (1) 2015 Winemaker’s Select Rosé (reg. $84 now $58.80).
Goose Ridge Winery – Valentine’s Day Tasting, Feb. 9-14. Celebrate your loved one, and your love of wine & cider, this Valentine’s Day. Our tasting will not just include red wine and chocolate but also our brand new Rosé and our newly released Black Currant Cider. Tasting is $15 per person. No ticket required. Complimentary for our club members.
Henry Earl Estate Wines – Brushes N’ Brix Night, Feb. 9. Join us for a fun night of painting in the tasting room with Brushes N’ Brix. All painters will receive their first glass of wine free and will enjoy extended Happy Hour pricing during the event. Tickets are $30/person and available for purchase through the Brushes n’ Brix website.
- Petit Noirs Chocolates Pop-Up, Feb. 10. Find the perfect gift for the chocolate lover in your life, just in time for Valentine’s Day! Milton boutique chocolatier, Petit Noirs, will be at the winery offering samples and chocolates available for sale.
- Alexander’s Chocolate Classics Pop-Up, Feb. 17. Pendleton’s finest, Alexander’s Chocolate Classics, will be onsite with delicious samples of their handmade chocolate to taste and purchase.
- Locals Open House & Bright’s Candies Pop-Up, Feb. 24. Join us in celebrating our 35th Anniversary, February is for Foodies and more importantly YOU with our Locals Open House. While you taste, enjoy Cougar Gold cheese and crackers. Draw for prizes and discounts before leaving with your favorite bottle of wine. Walla Walla’s Bright’s Candies, a local tradition since 1934, will be at the winery from 12pm-4pm with samples and chocolate for sale. As a thank you to all of our Walla Walla Valley friends, Locals Taste Free!
Mark Ryan Winery – February Release Party, Feb. 17. We are releasing 3 small production wines: 2015 Lonely Heart, 2015 Water Witch, 2015 Old Vines. Food is being provided by TMacs.
$15/person, waived with a bottle purchase of one of the new releases.
Nocking Point – Nocking Point Championship Celebration, Feb. 10. Thanks to YOU, Nocking Point was named Best Winery in the 2017 Walla Walla Union Bulletin’s ‘Best of the Best’ Awards! From 5-9PM attendees will enjoy 30% off all merchandise, wine specials, and live music by Debra Arlyn. We have 5 Sparkling Wines including Pacific Coast Pink currently available and have added 5 new reds to our tasting line up!
Northstar Winery – February Vintage Friday, Feb. 23. This month, we’re offering our 2011 Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon for tasting and purchase. We’ve paired this vintage wine with specialty gourmet cheeses from Cheese Louise, and new-to-Northstar musician Tara Tinsley will be here to entertain from 12 – 3pm.
Pepper Bridge Winery – Food & Wine Pairing Experience. Begin your tour on the back patio with a view of our estate vineyards followed by a private seated tasting in our library. A local chef will prepare a selection of small dishes that will be paired with each wine to show you how the components interact with one another for a more enjoyable experience on your palate. Learn to appreciate the full breadth of our wines and how to expertly pair with different foods. $60/person, plus tax. 8 guests maximum. 90 minutes. Fridays & Saturdays; 11am and 2pm. RSVP required: call 509.525.6502. Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entire month of February guests at The Marriot can come to Plumb Cellars and say, February is for Foodies and they’ll receive a Complimentary Tasting. Also, Plumb Cellars will be sending our guests to The Marriott for lunch and dinner and when they say, February is for Foodies they’ll receive a Free Appetizer and if they need a room will receive 15% off their booking!
- Valentine’s Party, Feb. 9. Come taste wine club release wines as well as current releases at the bar! Indulge in small bites and dance to live music by Rogue Lobster! Please RSVP to email@example.com by Tuesday, Feb 6, so we can make sure everything is prepared for you!
Reininger & Helix Wines – Wine Down Wednesday, Feb. 14. Join us after hours at our winery in Walla Walla for a flight of library wines from both our REININGER & Helix brands. Wine club members will enjoy a complimentary flight of six library vintages; non members and member guests are $15/person. Cheese & charcuterie will be available with wine pairing options. Please contact the winery at 509.522.1994 or email our Tasting Room Manager, Lynlee, at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot today!
Saviah Cellars – For the Love of the Rocks: Chocolate & Wine Pairing, Feb. 10-12. Join Saviah Cellars for a wine and chocolate experience that will indulge the senses. Enjoy a special flight featuring three terroir-driven wines from The Rocks District including The Stones Speak Syrah, Hunt & Gather Red Wine, and Tempranillo. Each wine will be expertly paired with gorgeous, hand-crafted sweet and savory truffles by Alexander’s Chocolaterie & Vino Bistro. $15 per person. FREE for Wine Club members.
Seven Hills Winery – Food and Wine Experience. 15% off when scheduled in February. Join us at Seven Hills Winery for a journey through our finest limited release wines, hosted by a wine educator and expertly paired with small bites by local chef, Sarah Mayhew. Enjoy a guided tour through our historic building, highlighting the winemaking process and finishing with a barrel sample one of our finest wines. Available Fridays at 11 am (limited to 8 guests). Fee is $55 per guest ($45 for wine club members). Please allow 90 minutes. RSVP required. For more information or to book a reservation, please contact Danielle Christopher at 509-593-6227 or Danielle@sevenhillswinery.com.
Skylite Cellars – Feb. 10-12. Join us in enjoying our new 2014 Malbec release, paired with custom cheese and chocolates. Our new 2014 Malbec release is usually reserved for wine club only, so you won’t want to miss out. Two options are available for the weekend event. Start with a “Date Night” package which includes tastings for 2, custom Skylite cheese from Walla Walla Cheese Company, chocolates paired for Malbec, and 2 glasses of Malbec for $30/couple or $22/couple for wine club members. Upgrade to a “Romance Package” which includes the previous package with a bottle of 2014 Malbec ($38 value) to take home. $55/couple or $47/couple for wine club members. Tickets available at the door.
Tertulia Cellars – Perfect Pairing Plates to accompany all tasting flights. Enjoy locally sourced bites to enjoy and complement our Estate wines. You can also take advantage of their February is For Foodies Case Special – Our 2011 Reserve Excelsior is available at $192/case or $16/bottle (regularly $40/bottle). This Left Bank Bordeaux blend is the perfect bottle to complement any meal! Turtulia Cellars offers all of their members a Club exclusive rate at the Hampton Inn Suites in Walla Walla. Conveniently located near the Southside wineries. You can also mention F4F and post your visit or review for a 10% off discount on all regularly priced bottles.
Three Rivers Winery – Chocolates or truffles with each tasting throughout the month, featuring Seattle Chocolate Company and house-made truffles (while supplies last). 10% off any wine purchases by mentioning February Is For Foodies. Tasting room only 30% discount on cases of our Rivers Red table wine.
Walla Walla Vintners – We will be providing an assortment of hand-crafted and unique bon bons in our Tasting Room from Almas, a chocolatier in Portland. The variety of bon bons were selected specifically to pair with our wines during the month of February.
Waterbrook Winery – Blend & Grill Party – Feb. 14. Bring your sweetheart or your best friend to a night of cooking with Waterbrook’s talented Chef Daniel Juarez and blending with renowned wine sommelier Shawn Smith. Nibble on light appetizers and sip on your favorite wine while Chef Daniel divulges his best tips and tricks for grilling filet mignon. Then grill your own al fresco over our fire pits creating your sumptuous entrée that will be paired with seasonal sides prepared by Chef Juarez. Shawn will then take you through the ultimate in blending experiences where you get to personally blend, bottle and label your own bottle of vino to take home!